About Key Innovations Ltd
The vision of Key Innovations Ltd is to get established as the most successful coach in supporting organisations around the globe to exploit effectively European grants including the most challenging ones such as the Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Programme that is one of the most attractive but at the same time one of the most competitive funding programmes in the whole world.
Director and Founder
Nikolaos Floratos after his undergraduate and postgraduate studies as engineer in London, UK, (at City University and Imperial College/University of London) has been working for a number of consultancy and Information Technology companies as consultant and project manager across Europe. He completed also an MBA (Master in Business Administration) at the National Technical University of Athens and Athens University of Economic and Engineer and the last 21 years he is involved in planning, managing and evaluating large and small projects in the area of research, education, ICT (Information Communication Technologies), social inclusion, entrepreneurship, standardization and consumer issues.
- As a consultant, personal trainer and coach, he has supported hundreds of individuals and organisations mainly from Europe but also from all over the world on managing state funding (e.g. from European Commission, National Funds, etc) and receive support for deploying their business idea or mission
- He has proved that anyone can become a great proposal developer or project manager of european funded projects through proper guidance, training and coaching.
- He is an expert on behalf of the European Commission on evaluating and reviewing research and innovation projects and proposals continually since 2003 and has frameworked what works and what doesn't work successfully in european funding programmes.
- He currently completed his research through a PhD on how eLearning courses can increase students' engagement and motivation.
- He is the founder of Funding Expert Academy and the creator of the Funding Expert Transformation Process™ system that can transform anyone to a great proposal developer and project manager of european funded projects.
- He is interested in investing in highly innovative start-ups and SMEs and he is member of the European Business Angel Network and of the ILM part of City and Guilds Group.
- He has helped research organisations as well as international ones (including the Council of European Development Bank) to build audit-proof financial management systems for their programmes.
- He is the author of the ebook "Who are the champions in H2020 and what you can learn from them"
- He has been globally recognised as one of the most influential and inspiring speakers and trainers on Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme as well as in other programmes with hundreds of speeches and trainings in more than 30 countries including overseas (e.g. EU, US, Canada, China, South America, South Africa) and more than 2000 linked recommendations and endorsements.
Key Innovations Ltd cooperates with an extensive, european and multidisciplinary network of profound experts and consultancy companies that allows us to offer individualised, client centred services especially to European grant actors according to their topic of interest. We have been collaborating very closely for many years with all our partners so that to ensure the highest quality of support with the best value for money.